The Kings Ferry was tasked with transporting passengers for Exxon Mobil and Stena between their hotel and the Inflight Centre at Stansted Airport.
To meet the client's requirements, a staggered departure from Marriott Hotel was coordinated by a lead driver. On arrival at the Inflight Centre, the vehicle was met by a Stena representative, who then granted TKFG access. Once passengers had safely disembarked following representative instruction, the driver and vehicle waited there until the flight had safely departed.
The Contract Manager worked closely with the operations team and the client to ensure that the transfer of all passengers went smoothly. As a result, the following measures were put in place:
Vehicle safety measures implemented:
1. Driver Screens – these have been implemented on vehicles that will be utilised on this contract.
2. Hand sanitiser – hand sanitiser will be available onboard for all passengers.
3. Face masks – all passengers must wear face coverings whilst in the vehicle.
4. Vehicle fogging – this has been implemented as part of the cleaning process for all vehicles.
5. Heightened cleaning procedures – increased frequency and depth of cleaning on all vehicles implemented utilising government-recommended cleaning products.
Additionally, we received the following directive from the client:
1. The passengers have been quarantined for 14 days in the UK before travelling to their country of residence. It is essential that at no stage on this vehicle do either the passengers or the driver integrate with any member of society outside of those at the hotel and those at the Inflight Centre.
2. Passengers should only ever embark or disembark following instructions from a Stena representative.
3. Drivers where possible will be requested to wear face masks. This is up to the driver's discretion and can be turned down based on health and safety grounds.
4. The TKFG driver must disembark prior to passengers getting on or off the vehicle.
5. Drivers must maintain 2m social distancing at all times when off the vehicle also.
6. Drivers must wear face masks at all times when not driving and around the vehicle.
7. Passengers will be responsible for loading and unloading their own luggage.
Back to top